Tips & Tricks to Save Money Shopping Online
Shopping Online can be quick and convenient, but it can also be pricey. Online shopping in India is increasing, and people prefer to order things online rather than going to shop and purchase it. Especially, utilities that don’t need physical inspection, they are lot easier to buy online now.
With so many Indian e-commerce websites coming in, and especially if you are a brand conscious shopper, you will find amazing deals online. At the same time shopping online have its own advantages and disadvantages. Thankfully, there are various tricks to help you cut costs.
Here are tips for getting the best deals when shopping online:
1. Hunt for coupons: Always search for coupons before making a purchase. Almost all sites have coupon codes at footer for all types of retailers, from small online merchants to large chain stores.
2. Use social networking: “Like” your favorite retailers on Facebook. Many merchants, including Hayagi, post special coupons, updates on new arrivals or announce sales first on their Facebook page, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter & Google+
3. Sign up for emails: Join the email lists of your favorite retailers so you can get coupons and other special offers delivered straight to your inbox. Hayagi.com for example, will email you a coupon for 10 percent off your purchase just for signing up.
Signing up to newsletters, coupon sites and promotion lists can save you a huge bucks, but you are too reluctant about getting your email spammed? Try Unroll.me – a handy email add-on that lets you instantly unsubscribe from junk emails and de-clutters your inbox by sending one digest email a day summarizing your preferred subscriptions. Just choose the time of the day when you’d like to receive it.
4. Weigh online vs. in-store prices: If possible, compare a retailer’s online price to its in-store price for an item—they’re not always the same and sometimes the online price isn’t the best deal.
5. Shopping on Marketplace : When you have finalized a product to buy from any marketplace like Amazon, Flipkart or Snapdeal, search the seller name on google. Now-a-days, all most all sellers have their own website. You will find the same product at less price. As sellers have to pay commission for using marketplace, they load that component on product price. At www.Hayagi.com, you will find jewellery prices at least 30% less compared to marketplaces.
6. Comparison shop: Use price-comparison and product-search sites to compare the prices of items at various online and local merchants.
7. Avoid shipping fees: Many stores offer free shipping if you spend a certain amount. If you’re falling short of that minimum, think about other items you may need that you can purchase ahead of time. At www.Hayagi.com, Shipping is Free across India for all orders & Worldwide Shipping Free for orders above $ 150
8. Check the return policy: Some retailers, such as www.Hayagi.com, offer free return shipping. Many others allow you to return items in-store for free. Knowing a retailer’s return policy can help you save money if you’re not completely satisfied with an item.
9. Get rewarded: Join your favorite retailers’ loyalty programs, and don’t forget to enter your loyalty number each time you shop. You can earn money back on your purchases, plus other great deals.
10. Be patient: If you don’t need an item right away, it pays to check back daily over a two-week period to see if a new coupon pops up or if an item goes on sale. And when you do see a good deal, jump on it—it often won’t last long!
11. When shopping from a new Indian E-commerce site, do check things:
- About page – Give details about the company.
- Refund policy
- Payment options
- Contact information
If any of these details are missing, I skip to next site. The trust factor is very important for any E-commerce site.
12. Safe Website : Always check for https:// (with green colour padlock) sites as these are safe for making online payments. Moreover, your data will be secure & not shared to others. Hayagi is a safe website to browse & pay online.
13. Fast Delivery : Everyone wants there ordered products to reach as soon as possible. This is called sweet waiting period. An eCommerce store should deliver the order soon. If they mention long period, just understand that they don't have in stock & will source from someone else. Customers don't like to wait for long period & end up canceling the order.
www.Hayagi.com delivers all domestic orders in 3-5 days & International orders in 7 days.
14. Outwit the Dynamic Pricing Trap : Dynamic pricing is a sneaky strategy online merchants often use to show different prices to different customers according to your location, your browsing and spending patterns and current demand of the product. Have you ever found dirty cheap airfare that went 30% higher when you checked on the next day? That’s dynamic pricing in action. As this technique gotten incredibly sophisticated, most retailers are perfectly aware of your price point and may show you a higher price compared to someone else who pays less in online purchases.
To get a less biased price you should:
- clear your browsing history and cookies in particular
- log out of your accounts (email, G+, Facebook etc)
- switch to incognito mode or better take advantage of online anonymous browsing
- choose localized website versions instead of being redirected to US
- choose less developed countries as home to get better prices when searching for airfare
Hayagi.com follows One Price irrespective of your geographical location or spending patterns.
Thank you for reading, I am sure you didn't knew most of these tricks.